Chapora fort is located at the point where chapora river meets Arabian Sea. It gives a panoramic view of the coast. It was built by Adil Shah of Bijapur in the year 1510. The fort changed hands from many rulers. In 1717 the fort was reconstructed by the Portuguese adding features like bastions and a tunnel that extended to the seashore and banks of the river. The aim was to protect the territory from the raiders in the north. The fort was abundant by the Portuguese in 1892 when the boundaries of the colony was extended towards north.
It is located 21 kms from Panjim.