Mystic Woods by The Butterfly Conservatory Of Goa
An open sanctuary for butterflies to breed and feed.
Ponda • South Goa
People from all over the world are moved to participate in a conservation project started by a regular couple who have turned a barren hillslope into a forest. To put it simply, the Butterfly is a catalyst and nothing more. Soil rich in humus, plenty of sunshine, and access to clean water are all critical for butterfly breeding. Because of the many insect predators attracted to caterpillars, the life cycle is closed. From September through December, visitors can see the free-flying butterflies, but the sloping rooftop garden house with rainwater tanks and the many tiny surprises that the conservatory has to offer are what really draw people here.
- Limited number of visitors per day against prior slot bookings .
- Each slot of one hour will be for Rs. 500 plus GST ( Rs. 590 per family ,upto 5 members, at current GST rates ).
- Every additional person above 5 will be Rs.118 per person.
- The place is also available for the entire day ( 9:00 am to 5 pm ) for bird and butterfly photography in solitude for Rs.4000 plus GST.i.e Rs. 4720 (Max 5 persons )
- For Booking Call : Yashodan Heblekar : 9975592347 and 9822125474