Popular known as Panjim church, it was built in the year 1541 on a hill overlooking Panjim. This church houses the ancient bell that was removed from the Augustinian ruins of the Church of Our Lady of Grace. In the 18th century the stairways, in a symmetrical zigzag form, were added to the church. The church is built in a baroque style of architecture.
It is based in the heart of Panjim. The church square which consists of a garden, walkway and shops still carries the old world charm.