Our Lady of the Sea Church, Oxel, Goa is called ‘Nossa Senhora do Mar em Oxel, Goa’ in Portuguese. Popularly known as oxen church, it was built in 1661. The existing building was built in 1899. It is built atop a hillock overlooking lush greenery and palm trees.
Oxel is 26 kms from Panjim. The feast of sao Joao is celebrated on June 24th June with a great pomp and show.