Located in kavlem, The temple is dedicated to Shantadurga,the goddess who mediates between Vishnu and Shiva. The temple has a beautiful pyramid styled architecture. The temple is surrounded by hills on 3 sides and has a beautiful water tank. The original temple was located in present day quelossim and it was destroyed by the Portuguese in 1566. The new temple was built during the reign of Chhatrapati Shahu maharaj and Many renovations followed after that.
It is 30 kms from Panjim and 18 kms from Margao. While visiting temple visitors are requested to follow the dress code.