Dedicated to saint Diogo, the church is located in village of Guirim at foot of the hill. It was built by Franciscan in 1604. It was built in Mannerist Neo-Roman style. The church is shared by 2 villages Guirim and Sangolda. According to stories, when the work on church was going on. It was decided that villagers who install the bell will claim the right over church. At night sangeetkar installed 2 bells of the total 3 bells. They Rang the bells waking all the villagers. Hence they claim 2 bells in the church.
Guirim is 13 kms from Panjim. There are many interesting stories about the church.